The FTC provides a six-step process to determine if your company is covered by COPPA:
- Step 1: Determine if Your Company is a Website or Online Service that Collects Personal Information from Kids Under 13.
- Step 3: Notify Parents Directly Before Collecting Personal Information from Their Kids.
- Step 4: Get Parents’ Verifiable Consent Before Collecting Personal Information from Their Kids.
- Step 5: Honor Parents’ Ongoing Rights with Respect to Personal Information Collected from Their Kids.
- Step 6: Implement Reasonable Procedures to Protect the Security of Kids’ Personal Information.
- Chart: Limited Exceptions to COPPA’s Verifiable Parental Consent Requirement
Click here to learn more.